Re: [OM] OT Global warming

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Global warming
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:34:43 -0500
Dirk writes:

>Well, I think the EPA under Clinton was trying to do that, meaning add all

>the health and other costs against the costs the industry would have to
bear.
>You can kiss all that goodbye under the current administration.

Yes, thank goodness, and the Supreme Court!

Global warming and UFOs are in the same category -- unproven.  I don't
think we ought to shoot down strange things in the atmosphere, and I don't
plan to change my behavior because some fanatical tree-huggers think the
world is overheating.  Their pique may be what's causing the heat.  I don't
doubt that either flying saucers and little green (or gray) men (and women,
I hope) may exist, or that global warming is really happening, but going
off half-cocked doesn't fix anything.  For example, this November and
December were the coldest ever recorded in Atlanta.  Global warming?
Maybe.  Maybe not.

By the way, is Slick Willie going to bring back the furniture he stole from
the White House, or will some sleazy Hollywood admirer buy it for the
lovely couple?  Has Alex left yet?  Is Barbra still in hiding?

Walt Wayman