[OM] Re: Zuiko f/45 pinhole lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko f/45 pinhole lens
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:35:16 +0000
For a given pin hole size, the image gets bigger, dimmer and softer as you
increase its distance from the film. If you want a big image go for a very small
pinhole and a long exposure. You can't really tell from looking in the
viewfinder how sharp it is, you need to wait for the print.

A way of making a very small is to use a metal workers dot punch to make a deep
mark in a piece of aluminium, then carefully file away the reverse side until a
small hole appears.

The sharpness of the image is probably dominated by diffraction effects so ther
is a limit to the sharpness that can be acheived.

Chris