Re: [OM] OM-2 Self Timer Repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Self Timer Repair
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:08:54 -0500
The screw that holds the ST on is left handed thread.  It is quite common
for the nut to unscrew and all the parts to fall off.  Usually a drop of
pliobond is put inside the nut to keep it in place.  Next problem is that
when the parts fall off, the ST mechanism unwinds to it's full stop
position.  The tab inside has to be wound partway before the parts are put
back on.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000