Re: [OM] E-10 vs Zuiko updated

Subject: Re: [OM] E-10 vs Zuiko updated
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:19:39 EST
chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> http://www.glink.net.hk/~digicam/E10V35.htm

Nice work.

It would be interesting to see the differences between that same OM/Fuji
Velvia shot and a $300 to $400 digital cameral shot (price equivalent to what
you can obtain the OM gear for today).  I have a nephew who seems to think
film is outdated and too expensive compared to the "ease" of digital.  I've
told him about the amount of memory he'll need, the quality of printer, etc.,
not to mention that the lower priced digitals won't have near the resolution
he's used to seeing in emulsion film photos, but he didn't seem convinced.
As a coach, I'm sure he'll find lots of use for a low-end digital, as the
school where he teaches and coaches is one of the better equipped
computer-wise in the state of WA, but I'm thinking he's going to be sorely
disappointed in the quality of the shots he's going to get of family, etc.
How many of those shots will he want to print out on expensive photo-quality
paper?

My family still has hundreds of old black & white photos of family that have
held up well for over 70 years and more.  I wonder if, as the first to go
digital in the family, the nephew will be able to leave that kind of legacy
for his heirs.

Rich