Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning Solutions, Part II

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning Solutions, Part II
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:35:32 -0700
At 07:11 PM 2/4/2001 -0500, Rich (Doggre@xxxxxxx) wrote:
>Oh, and for those who haven't tried it, the canned air ("Dust Off", in my
>case) gets cold as you use it (REAL cold, if you use enough), and the
>pressure falls off correspondingly.  Had to warm it with my hands, wait, give
>another shot, warm it, etc.  Of course this wouldn't present a problem doing
>just one lens.
>
>The little air "bulb" would seem safer, more convenient, and FAR cheaper.
>
>Anybody wanna buy about $8.21 worth of canned air?

Rich:

Try buying it from Costco or somesuch.  Lots cheaper.  You can also place the
can into a bowl of warm water (NOT above 120 degrees Fahrenheit!) between uses
(I use this trick for propellant used in airbrushing, where you need pressure
far more often than during cleaning).  But I carry an air bulb in the field.

Garth