Re: [OM] [OT] eBay -- what gives?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] eBay -- what gives?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:04:21 -0600
Because it is a pain.  For a US buyer, the post office provides free boxes.
If the item isn't too expensive, I can pack it, stamp it and drop it off.

To ship outside the US, I have to buy my own box, fill out the appropriate
customs form and stand in an hour long line. Worse, insurance is usually
prohibitive, so I have to ship it risking loss.

Lastly, payment in the US is easy, but overseas it is much more difficult.
Not impossible, just not as easy.

All that said, I still sell world-wide and live with the difficulties, but I
can understand why many people don't.

Tom
From: "Garth Wood" <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Anybody noticed that an increasing number of the more desirable OM items
on eBay are for sale only to U.S. residents?  What, isn't the rest of the
world's (ROW's) money green enough for these people?