Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:34:34 -0500
I wonder if a particular lens would cause more problems than another? Would a wide angle, for instance provide more confusing visual cues than a moderate telephoto?

Gregg

Chris Barker wrote:

It's one thing to have a strong enough constitution to resist honking your ring (slang for vomiting, in case this has a different meaning over in the US) on such a roller coaster ride, but it is quite another if you are not using your eyes normally. Your senses can be confused by violent motion, but it can be reconciled with your visual cues. If however, your visual cues disagree too much with for instance your motion detectors, the semi-circular canals in your ears, you get messages going to your vomit centre (I am told that there is such a thing). Therefore, photogs have to be good to avoid honking when flying in small and agile aircraft, especially when there is a rate of roll on or under G. Not many owners will let someone into their aircraft if it will return from a flight covered in "technicolour yawn".