Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:38:40 -0800
I wrote...
> >On the plane you get about 20-30 seconds of zero gravity, followed by
> >about 40 seconds of about 2g. Repeat this 40 times in a flight, and you
> >start to understand the plane's nickname :)

Then Olafo wrote...
> Yeah, I think I can imagine that...:)

This reminds me of another Olympus-related story.  I gather that NASA hires
outside photographers to take pictures aboard these flights (no, don't ask, I
don't know how to get picked for this! :), and for every trip, there have
been different photographers, most of whom have the latest and greatest
digital wunderbricks.  Although, the one who took my picture might have had
at least a manual-focus camera.  I didn't really notice, being a bit busy at
the time, plus she was pretty cute too, but I digress...  Anyhoo, once there
was a photog with an OM4 and a 35/2, but I don't think he lasted 10 parabolas
before he was tossing his cookies and had to go back to sit down.  I didn't
see him the rest of the week, so never got a chance to talk to him :)  Some
people just don't react well at all to the experience.

> Well, I'm sorry. I am normally a bit easy on the rules, but the "Oly-only"
> rule is one which I'd like to enforce strictly... First let's see if Mark
> can repeat the shot with the 2n+21/3.5. If that doesn't work out, we'll see
> about breaking the Oly-only rule...:)

I completely understand.  I'm going to try and get a decent self port.  Now,
I just have to find strategic places on my instrument rack to bolt a camera
to!

Mark.