[OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:14:40 -0800
I've been lucky enough to be able to fly on NASA's low-gravity KC-135
flights (affectionately known as the Vomit Comet, and also the plane used
to film Apollo 13).  The picture on my website
<http://mrg8.physics.wsu.edu> is me floating (sorry, wasn't taken with OM
equipment). On the plane you get about 20-30 seconds of zero gravity,
followed by about 40 seconds of about 2g.  Repeat this 40 times in a
flight, and you start to understand the plane's nickname :)  The one
thing you learn is that 20 seconds is just not long enough!  I'd go on
the Shuttle in a second!  Don't know about a six-month stint on the ISS,
though...

ObOly:  I'm going to bring my OM2n and 21/3.5 on my next flight in
February :)

Mark Marr-Lyon