Re: [OM] Film scanner choice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanner choice?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:05:41 -0800

Thanks for your response Kazuya.  The USB I/F certainly is much easier
to handle than using SCSI.  Besides, my SCSI card is pretty much filled
with hard drives, a Jaz drive, and a flatbed scanner.

I hope that my ancient Pentium 266MHz PC (and my ancient American brain)
have enough strength remaining to allow me to use VueScan.  It certainly
has good recommendations.

Regards,
  -Nick

I know some people on the list like Vuescan, but I looked at it and it seemed to have a steep learning curve. It did not appear to be easy to use at all. I could be wrong.

So I would recommend a scanner that gets a pretty good review for its software as well. It may turn out that you do not like Vuescan it does not hurt to have something pretty good to fall back on.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA