[OM] New on the list

Subject: [OM] New on the list
From: "Bernd Möller" <berndm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:49:42 +0100
Hi everyone,

I've been following what was going on on this list for some days and must
conclude that there ARE more people arount which share my interest in OM
items. Great!

Let me introduce myself a bit: I had got my first OM10 as a fifteen year old
and used it quite a lot. During my studies I borrowed it to my younger
sister who studied arts and graphic design at the time. She did have a great
use of that camera. When she graduated I got my old camera back - heavily
used, with dents and the manual adapter missing. OK - but she gave me her
B/W photolab equipment in exchange. This was my second start. I started
sweeping the local markets and soon found some decent OM and Zuiko
equipment, including an OM2 (no -N, no -SP), and started taking pictures
again. Then, a friend of mine asked me if I could take some pictures of rock
concerts for his music magazine on the web (it was called boot.dk and did
pass away last summer). Since then I am hooked. I shot some 50 gigs, mostly
at local venues and festivals. Most of then with nameless bands, under the
worst imaginable light conditions (1/60 at 1.4 with 1600ASA), with the
beerdrinking and pogo-ing audience behind me.

Do you know the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion from New York? Jon "himself"
baptized my OM2 by sweating on it...

When I have the time I will put some images onto my homepage. Including the
worst of contemporary Punk and Rock.

Regards

Bernd Möller
Aalborg, Denmark