Re: [OM] E-10 and free samples

Subject: Re: [OM] E-10 and free samples
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:24:06 +0800
Hi Dave,

You are right, but I don't mean to make a true color comparison of
traditional film and E-10, especially a negative that print from one hour
lab (which can vary a lot). The shooting condition was not optimized
actually, as I remember there was no direct sun light, so the picture come
from the neg. was not right in color temp. The auto balance of E-10 also may
not fully corrected for the lighting condition. I just amazed on the color
that come directly on print with a "normal lens+gold 100+one hour lab" that
is so close to the "E-10 shoot-film recorder output-gold 100-one hour lab".
I know there are color differences, but I would say it is much better than
the Pop photo test once done for different processing lab, where the color
of the prints from different processing lab looked quite far away.

I won't insist on extremely accurate color, as long as it is consistent and
have reasonable responses for different light intensity (e.g. won't gives
blue color on shadow area like some slides.), that is already good enough.
Everyone know different slides provide you different color response curves
and you are not always shoot at 5500K. I'm not a pro that shot products, as
long as the resulting photo is pleasing then that is fine for me.

C.H.Ling