[OM] What do I get?

Subject: [OM] What do I get?
From: B Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:05:31 +0000
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sam
Since you quote the amount in pounds, I assume that like me you live in the UK where light is sometimes limited. I would be very tempted to look for a 50mm1.2 with that sort of money ( I use a 50mm1.4 and find the extra speed useful over the 1.8). Or you might be able to get a 50mm1.4 and a 135mm 2.8 (I have a Zuiko 135mm3.5 and an Optomax135mm2.8.) A lot depends on what film speeds you are happy with and whether you want to photograph outside in windy conditions, or young children, or wildlife. If you wanted a slow, long telephoto, you could probably get a Tamron 500mm mirror (fixed f8) lens for about the top end of your range (I have just traded up to a Zuiko 500mm mirror) but that has more limited uses.
Brian

UK
brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxx