Re: [OM] [OT] Ergot - was Rangefinder cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Ergot - was Rangefinder cameras
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:37:52 +1100
I believe most Pacific cannibalism was of this type - a semi-religious rite
of veneration based on absorbing intellect, knowledge and qualities like
bravery and charisma. One ate one's enemies after battle as an
acknowledgement of their bravery. His crew didn't quite manage to get all
of Captain Cook back, even though the hungry locals regarded him as godlike!
Andrew