[OM] Re: [OT] Boobs - was Lessons using a Zuiko 500mm reflex

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Boobs - was Lessons using a Zuiko 500mm reflex
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:12:22 +1100
Better to rename the bird entirely - ***s is a common use term in English
speaking nations that don't have this cream-thieving passerine and could
cause misunderstandings. Obviously not a PC beastie at all. We could call
it a Blue Breast in line with giving things their correct names rather than
euphemistic slang terms (and hope to gawd that there isn't a bird out there
called a Lesser Spotted Todger!)  The Booby thus becomes the becomes the
Blue-footed Mammary Appendage, the Frigate Bird becomes unmentionable and
as the Cockatoo is known here as a Cocky, I think I'm in deep excrement
with this theory.
Andrew
(feeling like a bit of a Galah)