Re: [OM] 6/5 versus 6/4 standard

Subject: Re: [OM] 6/5 versus 6/4 standard
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:58:24 +0100
On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 11:24:40AM +0100, Ángel Lobo wrote:

> [...]
Hm, altogh I`ve  owned a chrome example (F.Zuiko about # 6xx xxx)  some years
ago,
I can`t give you a definite answer.
I can`t remember that I`ve had inferrrior results with this lens. I was not so
much in
lens performance questions those days.
But I must admit I swapped this lens a while back for a mint newer example
(~5Mio)
which is the lens I have at the moment.
My general attitude is to prefer newer OM-stuff. Just because of the idea that
Olympus
tried to improve their products over the time. I´ve read an article (~1980)
refering to Maitani`s
answer, why Olympus is not introducing new camera`s as oftern as some of thier
competitors.
He said, that continious improvement is more importand for him, than
spectacular new
products. On the other side is an improvement which lowers production cost also
desireable
for the manufacturer (compare old vs. new aperture rings).

But I`m still belive, that even the worst version of the Zuiko 1.8/50 is at
least a good one,
when it is in good condition. Btw. I have no complaints about my SC 1.4/50
(#626062).
 But I´ve realized that I´ve some F/1.4 shots where my focusing wasn`t accurate
 enough (same with 2/85).

Just a view toughts.

Frieder Faig