RE: [OM] Which wide angle?

Subject: RE: [OM] Which wide angle?
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:13:17 -0500
Mike,
I have both lenses.  Actually, my 19-35 is a Phoenix, but it is the same
lens.
The 19-35 definitely is larger, the 24 is ~1/3 the size.  But, the 19-35 is
much more versatile!
Contrast of the zoom is excellent, there is both pincushion and barrel
distortion (depending on focal length used).
I think the zoom is a great travel lens, because of the focal length range.
The advantages of the zoom are realized when adding 21,24, and 35 lenses to
get equivalent focal lengths (yes, I know I left out 28).
Hood of the 19-35 rotates, bummer.  So, no circular polarizer if using 2s or
4.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy the 19-35, great for travel
and takes great photos except for architecture.  Although, I did take photos
of our church with it and they have been published...

Brian P. Huber

 =====