[OM] Which wide angle?

Subject: [OM] Which wide angle?
From: mike blayney <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 06:51:14 -0800 (PST)
My next planned purchase was for a Zuiko 24mm f2.8, mainly for landscape
photography (and who knows whast else). They appear to be 130 to 200 UKP from
dealers here in the UK.

After reading recent comments in praise of the Vivitar Series 1 19-35mm
f3.5/4.5, I've found that I can get one of these new for 125 UKP new.

Hmm, bit of a quandry now. Probably won't miss the extra stop or so of the
Vivitar and obviously it's much more versitile but it does take 77mm filters
rather than the Zuiko's 49mm (for which I already have grads and polarizer).

Question is, what is the image and build quality of the Vivitar versus the
Zuiko? Presumeably it's not as good but is the difference significant?

=====
Mike Blayney, Devon, UK.