RE: [OM] Re: Tripods.. Try Tiltall

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Tripods.. Try Tiltall
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:11:02 -0800
I have a tiltall and I hate it. I liked the legs, kind of, but absolutely
hated the head. I could never secure the camera to the head adequately. It
would always work loose at the worst time. I much prefer the Bogen
interchangeable plates method. Since it is not designed to have
interchangeable heads, I had to hack it to install a decent Bogen ball head
with QR plate. I know, the Bogen QR system isn't as good as the others, but
the others cost much more than this poor sap of a federal employee can
afford.

I too have a copy of the Tiltall but like you hated the head I now have a
bogen 3262qr head on it and I like it a lot better.
had to turn the quick release plate 90 degrees to get it to work on the 300
4.5 and use small washer to get plates to tighten correctly on the winders
but like you it was the best I could afford at this time.  John Gettis

How did you install a new head on it? As far as I can tell the pan/tilt head on mine is integral with the tripod.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA