[OM] Re:Tripods

Subject: [OM] Re:Tripods
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:24:11 -0600
I know the discussion turned away from heavy tripods in general, but for
what it's worth, when I use very long lenses I rely on a steel Majestic
tripod with a geared head that can hold an 8x10 camera.  Anything lighter
vibrates too much.  Even with this, I had to be careful using a 250 f/2 +
1.4x + 3x extenders.  Having a monopod reaching from ground to camera
helped too.  (The stability, not my aching back!)  But I got some fun
pictures, including the full moon.

Alan Magayne-Roshak