Re: [OM] OM OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OM OT
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:39:46 EST
In a message dated 1/10/01 8:44:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Was referring to the Canadian terminal for the Anacortes Ferry. It is about
>  2 blocks from "downtown" Sidney. Ferry still comes in here from Friday
>  Harbour stop each day in the winter and twice a day in summer.

Ah, that's what I thought, Barry.  Yes, I've worked the Sidney run (summer of
Expo -- '86?).  Haro Strait gets pretty hairy sometimes in winter (enough to
turn back to Friday Harbor).  Nice bakery in downtown Sidney!!  Every time
they think of closing down the Sidney run, they can't do it.  WA state
ferries is the state's no. 1 tourist attraction, and rightly so.

Couple of great places to photograph Mt. Baker: from out in the middle of
Baker Lake.  You look right up at it, and can see steam venting up out of it.
 Or from the ridge above and to the east of the lake.  And the other place
that almost took my breath away is from a ridge up above the Nooksack River,
looking straight east at the peak.  Our volcanoes are magnificent when they
are behaving themselves!

When the wx is good, I get a great view of Mt. Rainier on the way home from
work.  I always wish I had my OM gear with me then.  I'll have to just do it
one of these days.  Incredible contrast on her today.  White snow, blue
glacier, black rock, orange touch of the setting sun.  Would have made a
great pic.

Rich