Re: [OM] Shutter Hang on OM-2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Hang on OM-2N
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:20:29 +0000
At 00:32 1/8/01, Titoy wrote:
You're right about that John, the battery check seems nearly useless since I
often have this lock up problem even with battery check saying still ok.  In
the past a new battery would cure it, now it just happened with new ones.
Thanks for the tip I will hve the magnet checked. I have never encountered
this on a much older OM 10 however. Is there a difference in design in the
OM 10 that avoids the problem?

Regards
'
Titoy

My OM-10 was much more forgiving of battery voltage compared to the OM-4, and I never encountered mirror lockup with it.

I have gotten bad batteries twice in the past. They didn't last very long; one set for only a week. Most likely they were old and well past shelf life when I bought them.

If this happened with only one set of "new" cells, then try another set of new cells, perhaps from a different source. The packaging on the ones I use is not date coded, so I buy them at a store that has a good turnover of their shelf stock of them. Make certain you are using silver oxide cells, not alkalines.

-- John