Re: [OM] questions on OM 50/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] questions on OM 50/1.2
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:39:55 +0100
: I just purchased an Olympus 50/1.2 that I'm quite partial to.... But, the
: front of the lens (where the filter attaches) will rotate probably 1/2" or
: so if you grab and twist, with the front element rotating as well.    I've
: looked at the lens, and I'm not sure how the front of the lens is supposed
: to be tightened....
:
: I would assume the rotation is not normal, and that a camera repairman
: should probably tackle the situation, but is it something I can tighten
: myself?

The front ring which has the characters has two small incisions. You can put
a small screwdriver or something similar in one of them and _very_ carefully
tighten it. Just make sure it doesn't slip. Of course the real tool would be
a spanner wrench.

hnz