Re: [OM] Straps for OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Straps for OMs
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:41:03 -0800
Wayne Harridge wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> A few months ago I acquired an OM-2SP which came with a strap.  I generally
> don't bother with a strap, but I can see the usefulness in some
> circumstances.  The other straps I have are the old style stiff vinyl type
> which I despise, however the OM-2SP has a woven nylon (?) strap about 1cm
> wide at the narrow sections (where it attaches to the body) widening to
> about 2cm where the strap sits on the back of my neck.  The wide section
> also has a soft (leather ?) part sown on to it, and the word "OLYMPUS" in
> thick stitching at each end of the wide section.  Does anyone know if this
> is an "original" Olympus strap, and whether it is still possible to obtain
> them as I would like to get a few more.

I got an original black all leather Contax strap for my 4T ..... the
foot long inch and a half wide centre piece is molded to the slant of
one's shoulder and is very comfortable. I've used original Leica and
Nikon straps over the years but this Contax strap is by far the best of
all of them. For $5 in a camera shop's throw bin it was a real bargain!!

John Hudson