Re: [OM] OM-2N questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2N questions
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 02:12:18 -0800 (PST)
Lex Jenkins wrote:

> Well, once again I've searched the archives, FAQs, etc., and still
have a
> couple of questions regarding an OM-2N MD I'm evaluating:
>
> 1. Without batteries does the shutter speed default to 1/60 or 1/500?

(snip)

The OM-2N will *not* work without batteries, in either Manual or Auto
mode, except at the 'B' setting. If the camera is switched OFF with
batteries loaded, it will default to Auto mode and its slowest shutter
speed will be limited to 1/30 sec but it can still select faster speeds
to suit the combination of lens aperture/film speed/light. You won't
lose a shot, under normal lighting conditions, by forgetting to turn
the camera on; the only disadvantage will be that you can't see what
shutter speed it will use because the meter won't be activated.

Regards,

=====
Ray