Re: [OM] Ladder & 135mm Vivitar f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Ladder & 135mm Vivitar f2.8
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:34:49 +0000
At 19:42 12/31/00 , Mickey wrote:
>It certainly makes sense for a wedding photographer placing the party on an
>elevated altar, or staircase. Much more pleasing and also reduces
>convergance.
>
>Mickey

I can speak from recent experience that it does make sense.  Used a
stepladder for that exact reason at the wedding I shot last November.  Was
very glad I asked my cousin to provide one.  No wedding photog should leave
home without a short ladder or tall step-stool . . . or have some other
plan for something 2-4 feet tall to stand on.  Note:  Piano benches are
found in nearly every church and if it's sturdy enough, it can be pressed
into service for this too.

Ladders, sometimes very tall ones, are also used in studios to get a
vertical perspective looking straight down at the subject material.

-- John