[OM] Digital trends

Subject: [OM] Digital trends
From: B Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:10:23 +0000
While this has no Olympus content, I think it is relevant to the debate about the current state of digital vs film photography. One of our UK newspapers, The Daily Telegraph, has just published a book 'Flood' of photographs taken during the recent severe flooding which affected several parts of England and Wales. The A4 (ie 297mm x 210mm) size soft backed book is printed on heavy, glossy, paper and includes pictures up to a full double page spread. Very interesting in themselves to many of us but list readers may be especially interested in the technical note at the end which says that 'the use of digital cameras.......means that ......some images... lack the very sharp definition normally achieved in high quality book printing'. There is no information on the actual cameras used.

Brian

UK
brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxx