[OM] Re Digital vs Traditional Photography

Subject: [OM] Re Digital vs Traditional Photography
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:56:36 EST
Folks,

Let me steer the bus back onto the road I intended.  I apologize for not
asking the question more clearly.

If one uses a digital camera, even one as apparently high quality as the new
E-10, does one give up the creative control that selection of photographic
film allows?  In other words, is "point & shoot" image rendition inherent in
the digital/electronic camera due to the photographer's lack of choice of
"palette" in the media used to record the image?

The reference to Photoshop was made to imply the need for software to achieve
the color temperature desired, not necessarily to complain about it's cost.
Hey, it is disingenuous to argue about spending money if you admit infection
with Zuiko-virus.

Dave Dougherty