[OM] Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography

Subject: [OM] Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:10:59 EST
The question occurs to me:  Does not a digital camera in most ways dictate
the color palet of the end result?  Or is that to be manipulated by the
computer associated with the digital camera?

When one buys film one can buy various types to achieve various saturations
and tonalities.  A very subjective area to be sure, but never the less a
reality.

If I buy a $2000 E-10  do I need to buy $350 worth of "PhotoShop" in order to
be able to achieve the palet I want vs, buying, for example, Portra vs Gold
and shooting them with proper exposure in my OM-2?

Dave Dougherty