Re: [OM] Sun-Dog Days of Winter

Subject: Re: [OM] Sun-Dog Days of Winter
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:25:45 -0500
Sounds great Ken. Don't get blown away in your blind though. <g> I can just see the blind going end over end on its way east.....

We experienced a strange weather phenomena I had never heard or read about before. As the sun came up under a layer of nimbostratus clouds the only light rays were of a brilliant orange, as sunrises often are here under. The unusual part was the resultant rainbow was lacking in most of the colors, leaving a bright arc of orange with just a hint of yellow.

It was raining so hard I couldn't have done justice to it in a photo, so it resides only in my mind. Now what is the life expectancy of that storage medium?

Gregg

Ken wrote:
Here in the middle of corn/soybean country, better
known as Iowa, we have been experiencing some of the
most brilliant Sun-Dogs that the locals have ever
seen.  Sunday morning, one went "full-circle" complete
with spokes.  Absolutely georgous.  We have had three
mornings this week alone with these brilliant optical
phenoms.  (The sundogs were so bright that they were
casting their own shadows).