[OM] OT - Aircraft Photo

Subject: [OM] OT - Aircraft Photo
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:09:33 +0100
Dear Hobbyists...

This photo

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1298434&a=9639318&p=35787188

was not taken with an OM to the best of my knowledge, but I love it anyway. It is taken from the rear seat of a 2-seat Jaguar strike/attack aircraft (the trainer version since they were normally single-seat) on a dive attack on a practice range in Germany - Nordhorn. In case anyone is interested it is Target 3 on a heading of about 110 deg true.

The green symbols are part of the head-up display (HUD), the vertical line is the "bomb fall line" and the little horizontal mark on the BFL, near the bottom of the line is the continuously computed impact point (CCIP) - what you use to aim the bomb in range. It's a 5 deg dive attack with a practice bomb (little 14 pounder smoke and flash bomb to simulate a retarded 1,000lb bomb), the speed is 413 knots (top left of HUD) and the current height is 410 radar altimeter - directly above the ground beneath.

I hope someone finds it interesting.

Regards

Chris
--