[OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:48:22 +0530
Got into Photography almost seamlessly.
Having watched an uncle using various ROLLEIFLEX cameras during my schooldays
and once in a while got a chance to peek into that wonderful, yet dim TLR finder
was high-excitement.
After graduation, the first camera I bought was a used LEICA M3 with a 50/1.4
Summilux in 1973. A Gossen meter followed. Good camera But nothing great.
Moved to a NIKON F2 Photomic, when it came out and various lenses.
Never was satisfied with the Phtotographs. Something always was missing. The
exposure, the sharpness or the contrast.
Then somewhere I was offered an OLYMPUS OM2 with a 50/1.4 lens, and then all
other cameras were history. Here was a camera that could do everything the big
system cameras and then some. Shot B&W and COLOR negative film, shot Chromes,
shot infra-red color film~ result dramatic photographs.
Added lenses 18/3.5, 21/3.5, 35/2.0, 35/2.8 shift,55/1.2, 100/2.8, 75~150 zoom,
65~200 zoom, 200/4.0 another OM4, OM4T, Om2N.
Today, still a ZUIKOHOLIC, use an OM2SP, OM4Ti, 8/2.8, 24/2.8,35/2.8, 50/1.8 and
a 35~105 zoom plus other accessories and a T32 flash.
Highly satisfied user. Shoot all types of photography.
In my profession I shoot 'Heavy Machine Tools', and personally do portraits and
landscapes.
After OLYMPUS OM system? Cannot see any change in the near future.
ZUIKOHOLICISM is deeply entrencehed. No cure.
Sunil Manga, OM list Member, INDIA.