Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:33:30 +0100
Dear fellow hobbyists

My sad case started when I arrived in Germany on my "kiddy tour" with the RAF. I was on a strike base flying Jaguars and I suddenly had loads of dosh. I went down to the NAAFI (Navy Army and Air Force Institute) and bought the first decent looking camera that I saw, a black OM1 MD with 50/1.8... that was 1979 and I have been hooked ever since.

My latest acquisition is a new Tamron 90 Macro (sorry whoever had one for sale, I decided to buy a new lens for once). It's not a Zuiko, probably not the same quality, but it is quite light and the bokeh looks good through the viewfinder.

My problem is knowing which lens combination to take with me on a day out, or a walk. Yesterday, last Sunday, we went walking to the highest point in The Netherlands, where the 3 countries meet - Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. As the afternoon wore on, the lengthening shadows on the bright green fields meant that colour would be good, but the contrast augured well for the monochrome in my OM2N. Well I had an XA to do the colour, but I can't help thinking that the slide film in my OM4 would have been a good choice...

That's it... I am back

Chris

Dear All,

I'm curious to know how and when List members got into the OM system.
OM has never been the most popular brand, so I would imagine most
OM-ers either chose the system because of some particular feature they
wanted or inherited it.

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx