Re: [OM] (OT) which med format?

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) which med format?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:35:50 EST
I have a Pentax 645 with 7 lens. It's not autofocus but suits me fine. If I
had to do a smattering of weddings and portraits, I would have wanted leaf
shuttered lens, Polaroid backs, and maybe waist level finding. But for nature
and landscape, the P645 is superb. All of the lens are very sharp and I think
the 300/4 is sharper than my Zuiko 300/4.5 even just the central portion.

If you are thinking to get either the new Contax or Mamiya AF models, you
won't need a handheld meter as I think the metering is in the body. On the
P645 the viewfinder is a fixed system and cannot be detached.

So basically it comes down to what you want to shoot. If you don't need
different backs, the P645 is great with very good lens and very reliable.
With different backs, you need the Contax or Mamiya.  If you do a lot of
weddings and portraits, you might want to consider the Bronica 645, which
uses all leaf shutter lens.

Warren