RE: [OM] Looking for back panel for T-20 flash.....

Subject: RE: [OM] Looking for back panel for T-20 flash.....
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:39:52 -0600
At 07:02 PM 12/17/00 +1100, you wrote:
>Lex wrote:
>

>> Unless I'm missing something all the flash panel does is press a metal
>> circuit strip in the flash unit itself.  I don't see any

That strip is just a spring to make the panel pop out when you press the
release.

>> corresponding metal
>> contact strip on the removable flash panel, just a couple of differently
>> spaced flanges that press into the metal strips.  So, if I'm guessing
>> correctly, it should be possible to improvise an appropriate
>> insert from a
>> piece of plastic using a file or Dremel tool.
>>

>You don't really need the panel, there is a small slide switch down at the
>bottom of the calculator panel recess.  Hard left is the "full automatic
>control by OM-2" position,

And full manual, if it's on a camera that does not provide a quench signal.

>                           middle is "normal auto large aperture" (100 ISO,
>f4, <= 5m), hard right is "normal auto small aperture" (100 ISO, f8, <=
>2.5m)

The panel has a small ridge on one edge that pushes the switch all the way
to the left when the panel is inserted with the "full automatic control"
side out. That is the only effect the panel has on the flash. Otherwise it's
just switch labels and a calculator panel that doesn't change anything in
the flash. As Wayne says, if you can remember the positions are full/TTL,
f/4(ISO 100), and f/8, you can get by without it.

Paul