Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta
From: "Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:15:41 -0500
Cc: <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This thread on Exakta takes me back.  My first SLR was a VXiib, new, with a
zeiss lens.  I had it from the late 60s until I sold it to buy my OM-1n.  I
even had a Travemat TTL meter head that replaced the normal finder.  Back
then, there was even a store in NYC that dealt only with Exaktas --
Seymour's Exakta near Penn Station (in the old photo shop district).  I
think they are now part of Cambridge Camera (of poor repute) in NYC.

Bulb -- shutter stays open as long as you depress shutter release.

Timne -- shutter stays open until you press shutter release AGAIN.

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum
Yorktown Heights, New York