Re: [OM] Basic Flash Info

Subject: Re: [OM] Basic Flash Info
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:40:45 -0600
Personally, I'd go with a T flash, to really take advantage of your OM-4.
The 283 won't do that (fine for an OM-1 though).

You have 4 choices, starting with the T18, then the T20, T32 and finally the
monster T45.

Personally, for occasional use, my favorites are the T18 and T20.  The T20s
are easier to find, but the T18 is more 'vertical', so the redeye problem
seems to be less (maybe my imagination).  The T18s are, however, harder to
find.

The T32 is more flexible, with the bounce feature, and more powerful.  The
disadvantage is that they are larger and heavier the the T20.

If I only had one, I would be hard pressed to choose between the T18/T20 and
the T32.  For just one, I'd probably go with the T32.

My first OM flash was a T32, purchased in the late 70s.  I still have it.

Tom