RE: [OM] studio flash done cheaply?

Subject: RE: [OM] studio flash done cheaply?
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:21:58 -0500
How are you using the 283?  With a VP-1 (Varipower module)?  Or are you
using the 283 on Auto?
One way to balance the light is to use another T-series flash, or a T-series
compatible flash (Metz/321 module, Sunpak D series w/OT-1D, or Vivitar D/MO
or P/MO module).  If you use a TTL cord with a TTL Multi Connector, you can
connect up to 9 T-series flash units.

What is necessary to connect 9 is a lot of cash!  You'd need a total of at
least 9 cords and 3 TTL Multi Connectors.  At a minimum of $30 a cord and
~$40 for the Multi's it would add up big time!

But, you don't really need 9 of course, 1, or possibly 2 T-series compatible
flashes would work well if you want TTL.

Try bouncing the 283, if that's what you want to continue with.  Or, for
highlights, set it on the yellow position which will cause it to put out the
least amount of light.  The highlights then won't be quite so much, if
indeed this is the problem.

I can give you more advice if wanted on multi-TTL, likely off the list, if
you'd like.  I use combinations of T-32's,Sunpak's, Vivitar's and Metz
units.  All are TTL and can be mixed with no problem.   I shot my nephews
wedding with 1 T-32, and 2 Vivitar 5600's connected through TTL cords a TTL
Multi connector and T-20 Connectors.  Worked great!

BTW, Sunpak makes a great little folding umbrella that attaches to the
filter adapter of a 422, 422, or 444D flash.

Brian P. Huber