Re: [OM] Dear John O' Regan Re Gas prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Dear John O' Regan Re Gas prices
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:05:00 +1100
Yes, diesel is a good option - it annoys me that the fuel is so damn
expensive here (Oz) when Rudolph D. designed the engine to run on low grade
fuel - it should be MUCH cheaper.
I'm surprised that (real) gas isn't available widely in the UK considering
the North Sea fields - we have it in Oz, especially Victoria as we are near
the Bass Strait oilfield. Not compressed natural gas but LPG - liquid
petroleum gas which is generally a propane/butane mix I think. It used to
be very seriously cheap (it was cheaper to run my old Range Rover on it
than my wife's Hyundai on petrol) but the recent rises have seen it go to
over half the price of petrol and, as it only yields 70-800f the energy
of petrol, it's no longer a good option. Cleanest fuel around, but!
Andrew