Re: [OM] Dear John O' Regan Re Gas prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Dear John O' Regan Re Gas prices
From: "Hilary Stone" <Hilary.Stone@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:35:24 +0000
This cvan't go unchallenged. Diesels do emit largish particulates but pretty
small numbers of the smaller particulates. Recent research has shown that
uit is these smaller particulates which less healthy. And it is mostly
petrol engined cars that emit those. Diesel engines emit virtually no carbon
monoxide, 30 0.000000e+00ss carbon dioxide than petrol engines and pretty
similar
figures for the other pollutants. My Citroen CX Turbo diesel estate
regularly does 45 miles per British gallon if driven at less than 70mph on
the motorway, can do 120mph if you required (and miles per gallon never
drops below 30 unless you're towing a caravan). And its load capacity is
800kg ­ 3/4 of a ton.And it is ten years old. It is one of the few cars that
you can get a full width roll of studio background paper in. More modern
diesels are even more efficient. Diesels are not a total cure but until
compressed gas is more widely available in England offer the best
combination of low pollution and performance.

Hilary Stone