Re: [OM] E10 in hand

Subject: Re: [OM] E10 in hand
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:43:51 +0800
William Biesele wrote:

> One of the joys of zuiko; what to buy.
>
> I don't have the 16, 18, 21 to miss;

One day you will ;-)

> but, somehow this 17in monitor
> can't quite match optical projection. It's still a thrill to see a photo
> show up on the 'silver' screen

Get them output to silver halide based film and print on your favorite
paper!

http://www.accura.com.hk

>, especially if it's one which took alot
> of planning/work to get right. That's what I would miss the most.

Yes, you are right, but with a DC, you can make the planning/work time
shorter.

> The Polaroid is gathering dust, the LT105 and XA do fine snapshots; and
> I suspect you're right, the OM's would still take the serious shots.
>
> It's taken years to start to understand silver based photography; how
> much would carry over to digital?

Digital looks going much faster, but I just can't wait until a silver
based equivalent digital media to come up :-)

> For now I've ordered more film, some projector bulbs, and sent the 2s
> off for another cla.

Film price is a problem, it cost $8 for slide+D&P here, shooting 200
rolls will be equal to the price of a E-10. I don't shot that much a
year (even two years), but some "Street Documentation" photography
here (they are not pro but some photo enthusiast and seems that they
don't need high picture quality) shoot even more than that. With a
E-10 they can save lots of money.

> Still like the digital OM1 shutter sound, fun idea.

C.H.Ling