Re: [OM] E10 in hand

Subject: Re: [OM] E10 in hand
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:08:34 +0800
I have a C2000 for around one year, the shutter time lag, low light
performance and noise is too bad even for general purpose P & S if I
need some prints. I now carry it when I need to travel to our
production plan in Mainland China, capture some product, samples or
production setup for reference and email to our partner in US or
Germany. Sometimes also use for shooting FS items and checking of
flashes setup before real shoot.

With the samples I have seen on the net from various E-10 users, they
seems very good for my purpose. I really need something that can get
reasonable good prints.

The E-10 has almost everything I need - good optical performance, a
TTL view finder, manual zoom and focus, full exposure control,
settings viewable without turning on the color LCD display... etc. It
only lacking the high ISO speed and of course lens changeable
capability.

I have tried Fuji S1, the low light performance was very good even up
to ISO1600. The prints generated with my film recorder and printed on
one hour lab looks to be better than Fuji ISO800 film (noise
comparison only). But I don't plan to buy Nikon lenses and the price
is almost double the E-10 and you still need to buy lenses for it.

Based on the list price, the reasonable sales price of E-10 should be
around $1600 or lower. The price is not cheap but I like the framing
accuracy of SLR, optical viewfinder and manual zoom. It is the
cheapest one available.

C.H.Ling