Re: [OM] Need Help from Canada..(OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Help from Canada..(OT)
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:12:48 -0500
I once received quite a few tools because a Canadian was hired to rebuild the special furnace at a factory I was helping rebuild. He had to sneak into the US as if he was a tourist and buy all the needed tools here. Our boss irritated him, so when he left he gave me everything as he couldn't take it back with him.

Gregg

Andrew wrote:
There have to be ways around this. Charging tax on second-hand items is
plain evil. As I was just saying to Chris O' - how do they deal with loans,
cross border hiring, repairs sent to the US and returned and similar
instances which are simply NOT purchases?
There's a business opportunity here for someone who works close to the
border and crosses regularly to set up a GST dodging service for expensive
items - receive, cross and reship! What officer? of course that's MY
350/28. I took it over with me this morning on my way to work!
Andrew
Oh, and given the trend for appending quotes these days,