Re: [OM] T45 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 problems
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:52:03 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Thomas Bryhn wrote:

> OK, I didn't know that it rotates, but I still don't think the behavior I
> see in my T45 is normal. According to the "esif" it should recharge in
> 0.2-2.2 seconds, and while I haven't timed it I estimate mine to ~10
> seconds (2.2s x 5=11s, is this a coincidence?). The question then is how
> exactly does it rotate between the battery clusters? I've  flashed it
> several times in a row and the voltage has only dropped in one of the
> clusters. I will try my T45 with the F.AC Adapter 3 tonight, to make sure
> the voltage step-up (or step-ups) really is the bottle neck in the system.

I just tested my T45 to see how it behaves.  I rebuilt the battery pack a
few years ago using 700mAh Ni-Cd's and it has been at least 6 months since
I last charged the battery pack.  After a full discharge, it takes
approximately 2-3 seconds for the ready light to come on.  I then removed
the battery pack and connected my AC Adapter 3.  It took approximately
10 seconds to charge!  Don't use the AC Adapter 3 as a guideline for
charging time.
                                -mark