Re: [OM] T45 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 problems
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:32:36 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Thomas Bryhn wrote:

> The flash fires fine, but it takes several seconds to fully recharge the
> capacitor. I've got the required voltage on all 5 contacts, but the flash
> seems to draw current from only one of the 5 battery clusters. I don't have
> a schematic for the T45, so I would like to know if the 5 clusters are
> simply paralleled and the current fed into one step-up circuit, or if
> there's one step-up for each of the five clusters. If it's the first, it
> would simply imply a contact problem, but if it's the latter, then I'm in
> real trouble!

What you're observing is normal.  The charging circuit rotates around the
five battery clusters any only uses one at a time.  That's supposed to
allow sufficient time for the batteries to "recover" before being used
again.  The T45 can take several seconds to charge up if it has been
fully discharged.  If you want faster recycle times, go with a Quantum
battery pack.
                                        -mark