Re: [OM] Modifying Olympus Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Modifying Olympus Screens
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:52:16 -0800
Frank,

It sounds like your idea it would work ok to me. My idea that I want to
pursue would be to make a 'miter' box. You put the screen in a frame like you
suggest, then put a guide over the top for the cutting blade. One top plate
would have horizontal guides/slots for the blade, the other would have the
vertical. Use an x-acto knife to cut the lines.

In the past what I have used is a steel rule that has a cork backing. If the
cork is kept clean you can set this right on top of the screen, and it does
not slip. I have actually gotten very good results this way. It takes time
and patience to get the lines right where you want them. With a good solid
jig and guide box setup one could quickly and easily do a number of screens
accurately. Any machinist out there want to tackle this one?

Jim Couch