[OM] Abusing OM1 or OM10 - basketball goal

Subject: [OM] Abusing OM1 or OM10 - basketball goal
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:42:02 -0600 (CST)
Anyone ever attached a camera to a basketball goal? I'm planning to
shoot a game two from a camera mounted on or just over a basketball
goal and controlled by radio remote. Unfortunately, our local gym,
doesn't have rafters or any way to attach the camera except on the
mounting hardware of the goal itself.

While I can still get set up for the shots I want, I'm worried about
what 2 or 3 hours of regular jarring vibration might do to a camera
body, lens, or motor drive. I'm tempted to use my OM-10, using the
logic that if it's destroyed, at least I've lost my least valuable
OM. On the other hand, My OM-1n has proven itself, and conceivably
has less to go wrong.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel