Re: [OM] Abusing OM1 or OM10 - basketball goal

Subject: Re: [OM] Abusing OM1 or OM10 - basketball goal
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:38:52 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:08:11 EST, GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Barry,
>Eight or nine years ago there was an advertisement or article in a magazine
>that described this very thing. With Olympus cameras no less! The
>photographer was George Kalinski. Kalinski's cameras were mounted to Hydra
>Rib goals which have very well dampened support systems(and collapse slowly
>to prevent players or photographers! from being injured). I'll see if I can
>find the information.

I would appreciate that. Thanks.

 The problem I have shooting in my gyms is the no flash
>rule. My base exposure with Fuji Press 800 pushed one stop is 1/125 @ F2.8.
>Good Luck.

Really? The HS and College games I shoot don't mind flash a bit. It's
standard practice for all the newspaper and school shooters to use
flash, and I've never heard a complaint from a player, coach, or
referee.

Have you considered mounting flashes on the ceiling? I've seen
several articles about using radio controlled flash from the rafters,
and that's supposedly what Sports Illustrated shooters do at NBA
games. That might be a way around your flash rule.

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard, MO