RE: [OM] ........which Metz......

Subject: RE: [OM] ........which Metz......
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:20:28 +0100
:Why did they create such a flash ? no SCA adapter, no nothing
:,..... what
:was the design intent ?

Small, lightweight, built in slave, also suitable for digicams; the most
striking feature is that it uses (expensive!) lithium batteries for fast
recycling times (0.3~6 sec.).

I think if you use this flash you would also want the new Lithium-cell
compatible reachargeables.

The fact that there's no OM version of the 34 AF-3 doesn't really bother me,
but the fact that the new SCA 3002 system is not compatible with OM, does.
We will never be able to use the FP (HSS) flash features of the new 54 MZ-3
on our OM-4Ti's; we're stuck forever to the F280. I mailed them and they
have no intentions to develop this adapter.

:What would U recommend ........ something small......

T18? T20? S20?

hnz