RE: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom

Subject: RE: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom
From: <clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:02 -0000
Several Oly lenses (particularly the larger, longer zooms) were designed to
focus "past" infinity, where the focusing ring would turn past the center
point of the infinity symbol before hitting the stop.  This is, I presume, to
allow for expansion/contraction of the optics and barrel.

The 75-150mm wasn't one of them, however - at the infinity stop, it _should_
focus sharply on a subject several miles away.